Do you want to work on a product that truly improves people’s lives? Do you want to work on a small team of smart people? We’re looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to join the OkCupid Product Team in New York City.
As a Frontend Developer, you’ll be responsible for building the interface that millions use to meet new people. You’ll play a key role in shaping our product. At OkCupid, we believe in two things: giving people a dating site that’s easy to use, and writing that site with code that’s easy to read.
What you’ll do
- Develop OkCupid's frontend in Coffeescript and Sass
- Work closely with other talented designers, software engineers, and frontend developers
- Take full ownership of features from the design stage through to production
- Utilize your product intuition to keep making OkCupid a great place to date
What you need to land an interview
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment (if you’re from another high-traffic site, even better!)
- You dream in CSS and you know all of the tricks
- Basic familiarity with the command line
- Experience using Git
What we’re expecting
- You've explored OkCupid (or have even been a user)
- You have a passion for great products and experience
- You’re a problem-solver and a fast learner
- You’re obsessed with clean, easy-to-read code
- You appreciate and understand great design
- You’re meticulous, but still able to iterate quickly
- You have a portfolio of projects you’ve worked on, personal and professional
We’d love to see your websites and code!